Sustainable development education is one of the focal points in the Oulu City early education plan.
Reppu Team for sustainable development in early education
- promotes and develops sustainable development education with their expertise and buids rapport
- plans training for early education personnel
The team drew up the Sustainable Development Action Programme 2006 for Early Education.
The team consists of early education service manager, kindergarten teachers and Alakööki Staff.
- is the "workhorse" and convenor for the team
- organises training and other events for early education personnel
- maintains an email list for the sustainable development collaborators at daycare centres and emails monthly bulletins and tips
- represents early education at the Sustainable Development Team for Education and Cultural Services, at Oulu Global School Team, at North Ostrobothnia Environmental Education Collaboration Team
- promotes the Green Flag Programme by Finnish Environmental Society for daycare centres in the region
- is a member of the Finnish Association of Nature and Environmental Schools