Villa Victor provides support in many languages
How does one start a new life in Oulu? How about improving your Finnish? Villa Victor is a place for studying, asking advice and meeting new friends.
At the Multicultural Centre Villa Victor you can hear the constant murmur of pleasant conversation from morning to night with non-stop Finnish language courses. You can join the courses anytime according to the schedule, and it’s free of charge.
– At Villa Victor, you get to improve your Finnish right away. The attendance is voluntary and the students are eager to learn, says the teacher, Henri Huumonen.
The villa is situated in the centre of Oulu and you can just walk in to ask for advice. At the Villa Victor information desk, you receive guidance in many languages.
– The advantage of Villa Victor is that the services are provided in one building. We can guide the customers from one service to another according to their needs, and plan a learning process suitable for their life situation, says the multicultural work coordinator Priyanka Sood.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays you can attend Oulu tutuksi (Get Familiar with Oulu) lessons in many languages. The lessons advice students, for instance, how to apply for a library card, what kinds of hobbies are available in Oulu, or how to use various services. In addition to group lessons, you can book a time for individual guidance.
Villa Victor offers:
- Non-stop Finnish lessons at different levels
- Guidance in many languages and advice for different stages of integration
- “Get Familiar with Oulu” courses give practical advice about living in Oulu (Part of the Good Beginning in Northern Ostrobothnia project)
- Language skills to support employment – Courses for working life
- Virtual support for school homework
- Many other services for your needs
- More information and course schedules www.ouka.fi/oulu/villavictor-english
Villa Victor is located in the centre of Oulu, Torikatu 23.