You can buy single tickets on the bus in cash or as a mobile ticket. Please bring exact change to pay on the bus.
You can buy day tickets for 1-7 days for all zones and age groups from Oulu10 Service Point or as a mobile ticket.
Tourist Information (Torikatu 18) sells adult 1 and 2-day tickets for Zone A. Nallikari Holiday Village (Leiritie 10) sells adult and child 1, 2 and 7-day tickets.
Value tickets and season tickets on Waltti travel card
You can buy a Waltti travel card and load the value ticket or season ticket either at the Waltti online shop or from Oulu10 Service Point. You can top up the Waltti travel card also on buses in cash or in certain R-kioskis.
Below you can find more information about buying a new Waltti travel card and a value/season ticket, and top-ups of the tickets.
At the Waltti online shop, you can buy your personal Waltti travel card and a ticket product. When you buy online, there is no fee for the Waltti travel card.
To order and pay, you need a bank ID and an email address. An adult can buy a personal Waltti travel card for a child under the age of 17, but the personal identity code of the child is required.
The Waltti travel card purchased online will be mailed to your home address within about two weeks of ordering.
In the Waltti online shop, you can load 5-120 euros to the new value ticket. You can load additional value for amounts between € 0.65 and € 500.
In the Waltti online shop you cannot buy
• Just the Waltti travel card without a ticket product or a new card with a value of less than € 5
• The first Kela School Travel Ticket, which requires proof of purchase
• The first student ticket for a student over 25 years of age
• An employee travel ticket
• A multi-user Waltti travel card
You can buy personal and multi-user Waltti travel cards and ticket products from Oulu10 Service Point. You can buy tickets for all age and discount groups from Oulu10 Service Point, including an employee ticket.
A 3-euro card payment will be charged when you buy your card at Oulu10 Service Point.
At Oulu10 Service Point, you can load a value of € 5-500 to the value card.
In Oulu10 Service Point, you must prove your identity with a passport, driver's license or an ID card (if you are under 18 years of age, you can also show your Kela card). An adult can buy a personal Waltti travel card for a child under the age of 17, but the identity of the child must also be proven.
The season ticket is suited for regular travel
• With a season ticket, you can travel as much as you want during the validity of the ticket and in the validity zone. Season tickets are sold for 30 and 90 days. Read more about zones.
• In addition to the season ticket, you may also have a valid value ticket on your Waltti travel card. If you travel on a zone where your season ticket is not valid, you can pay for the trip by asking the driver to charge the trip on the value ticket.
• You can have two periods of validity simultaneously on your Waltti travel card: the current period and the following one.
• Season tickets are always personal, be prepared to prove your identity at the time of purchase.
Travelling with a value ticket is always a cheaper option than single tickets
• The Waltti card is loaded with value, i.e. money, and it is charged according to the number of zones you travel in.
• With a value ticket, you always pay less than with cash or mobile ticket, and no night-time fees are charged.
• When you purchase your Waltti travel card, a default zone of validity will always be set for the card. If the trip differs from the default zone, give the card to the driver and tell where you are going, and the driver will charge the card for the right amount.
• Value cannot be loaded on Kela school travel tickets, nor on tickets for comprehensive school students.
• The Waltti travel card may have a valid season ticket in addition to the value ticket, and the season ticket will always be the primary payment method. If you want to use the value ticket feature, ask the driver to charge the price for the trip from the value ticket.
• You can buy the value ticket either as a multi-user ticket or as a personal ticket (be prepared to prove your identity at the time of purchase).
What is the difference between a personal and a multi-user Waltti travel card?
Only the person registered as the cardholder can use a personal Waltti travel card; the personal information of the owner is recorded on the card. This makes it possible to transfer the ticket product on the card to a new card, and to cancel the old card if the card is lost.
Anybody can buy a multi-user Waltti travel card, and it is suitable for shared use between family members or companies. The only information stored on the card is the age group: adult or child. Multi-user cards must be bought from the Oulu10 Service Point. You cannot cancel the card or transfer the ticket product to another card if the card is lost.
The Waltti travel card may have a value or a season already loaded when you top up the card. The new season starts only after the previous one is over and you validate the card on the bus. If you have a non-activated season ticket on your Waltti travel card, you must activate it on the bus before purchasing a new one.
Changes in the Waltti travel card’s age group must always be made in Oulu10 Service Point.
• Additional top-ups of all other Waltti ticket products except employee travel tickets
• You can load additional value for amounts between € 0.65 and € 500.
• In the Waltti online shop, you can change the default zone or the validity period of the season ticket, for example, from 30 days to 90 days.
• The purchase is activated within two hours from the online purchase. The purchase is transferred to the Waltti travel card and will appear in the Waltti online shop after you activate the card in the card reader on the bus. All purchases will be transferred from the card reader to the Waltti travel card at once if you have loaded both season and value. We recommend using the Waltti travel card within 30 days after an online purchase at the latest. Products bought from the Waltti online shop can also be activated in Oulu10 Service Point if necessary.
• You can load value or seasons on your Waltti travel card without registering by entering the card number and your own traffic area. After this, you can buy ticket products for the card.
• In the Waltti online shop, you can also register and create your own user account. You can add multiple Waltti travel cards to the account, and the cards you have added are always immediately available and you can load value or seasons on them. In addition, you can see your previous purchases on the user account. Registration requires only email and password.
• Additional top-ups of all ticket products loaded to the Waltti travel card
• You can load additional value between € 5 and € 500
• Additional top-ups for all other Waltti travel card tickets except for employee travel tickets
• On the buses you can only pay with cash
• The minimum top-up of a value ticket is 10 euros
In the following R-kioskis, additional top-ups for all other Waltti travel card products except employee travel tickets
- R-kioski Kiviharjuntie 9, OYS Avohoitotalo
- R-kioski Isokatu 27, Keskusta
- R-kioski Ratakatu 11, Keskusta
- R-kioski Kirkkokatu 22, Rotuaari
- R-kioski Merikoskenkatu 5, Tuira
- R-kioski Merikoskenkatu 6, Tuira
- R-kioski Tervakukkatie 6, Rajakylä
- R-kioski Sammonkatu 10, Kaijonharju
- R-kioski Metsokankaantie 3, Kaakkuri
- R-kioski Revontie 1, Haukipudas
- R-kioski Kylätie 1, Kello
- R-kioski Kempeleentie 2, Kempele
Waltti card reader
You can download a free Waltti travel card reader at the Google Play store. The Waltti travel card reader displays the valid periods of your Waltti travel card, the remaining value, your latest value ticket and your most recent trips using your Waltti travel card. With the application, you can send a receipt of your most recent value ticket to your email address.
The app works on phones and tablets with NFC and with Android operating systems. The application can only read Waltti travel cards.