You can buy single tickets on the bus by using contacless payment or you can get a mobile ticket. If you pay in cash, please bring exact change. If you have added money to your Waltti Travel Card, you can use it to pay for your single ticket fare.
You can buy day tickets for 1-7 days for all zones and age groups from Oulu10 Service Point and from R-kiosks. Waltti Mobile application allows you to buy day ticket for one day.
Tourist Information sells adult 1 and 2-day tickets for Zone A. Nallikari Holiday Village sells adult and child 1, 2 and 7-day tickets.
Value tickets and season tickets on Waltti travel card
You can buy a Waltti Travel Card and load the value ticket (= add money to your card) or season ticket either at the Waltti online shop or from Oulu10 Service Point. You can top up the Waltti Travel Card also on buses in cash or in certain R-kiosks.
Below you can find more information about buying a new Waltti Travel Card and a value/season ticket, and top-ups of the tickets.
Special tickets (school transport subsidy, students and employees)
There are separate instructions for purchasing school transport subsidy tickets and student tickets.
To get employment benefit travel tickets for your employees, please contact our office email@example.com or tel. +358 40 485 3161.
- You can order your personal Waltti Travel Card for free of charge. The card will be mailed to your home address within about two weeks of ordering.
- To order and pay, you need a bank ID and an email address.
- An adult can buy a personal Waltti travel card for a child under the age of 18, but the personal identity code of the child is required.
- Maximum value that can be loaded onto the Waltti travel card is 500 €.
In the Waltti online shop you cannot buy
- Just the Waltti Travel Card without a ticket product
- The first student ticket for a student over 25 years of age has not been possible so far, but this will change during 2022.
- An employee travel ticket
- A multi-user Waltti Travel Card
- Active the public transport feature if the card has been used for other purpose (for example for wellbeing services).
- Sells all types of bus tickets.
- Waltti Travel Card costs 3,30 € (get it for free from the online shop)
- In case you want to add money to your Waltti Travel Card, the minimum is 5 €.
- You must prove your identity with a passport, driver's license or an ID card (if you are under 18 years of age, you can also show your Kela card).
- An adult can buy a personal Waltti Travel Card for a child under the age of 18, but the identity of the child must also be proven.
- Service fee 5.50 € (for example in case of compensation or transfer of a ticket to another travel card)
The season ticket is suited for regular travel
- With a season ticket, you can travel as much as you want during the validity of the ticket and in the validity zone. Season tickets are sold for 30 and 90 days. Read more about zones.
- In addition to the season ticket, you may also have a value ticket on (= money added to) your Waltti travel card. If you travel on a zone where your season ticket is not valid, you can pay for the trip by tapping "poikkeusmatka", then choosing the zone and finally tapping your card to the card reader.
- You can have two periods of validity simultaneously on your Waltti Travel Card: the current period and the following one.
- Season tickets are always personal, be prepared to prove your identity at the time of purchase.
Travelling with a value ticket is always a cheaper option than single tickets
- The Waltti Travel Card is loaded with value, i.e. money, and it is charged according to the number of zones you travel in.
- With a value ticket, you always pay less than with cash or mobile ticket, and no night-time fees are charged.
- Value cannot be loaded on the same Waltti Travel Card with Kela school transport subsidy, nor on tickets for comprehensive school students.
- The Waltti Travel Card may have a valid season ticket in addition to the value ticket, and the season ticket will always be the primary payment method. If you want to use the value ticket feature, choose "poikkeusmatka", then choose the zone and finllay tap your card to the card reader.
What is the difference between a personal and a multi-user Waltti Travel Card?
Only the person registered as the cardholder can use a personal Waltti Travel Card; the personal information of the owner is recorded on the card. This makes it possible to transfer the ticket product on the card to a new card, and to cancel the old card if the card is lost.
Anybody can buy a multi-user Waltti Travel Card, and it is suitable for shared use between family members or companies. The only information stored on the card is the age group: adult or child. Multi-user cards must be bought from the Oulu10 Service Point. You cannot cancel the card or transfer the ticket product to another card if the card is lost.
The Waltti Travel Card may have a season already loaded when you top up the card. The new season starts only after the previous one is over and you validate the card on the bus. If you have a non-activated season ticket on your Waltti Travel Card, you must activate it on the bus before purchasing a new one.
Changes in the Waltti Travel Card’s age group are updated automatically.
- Service fee 2.20 € for additional top-ups for Waltti Travel Card tickets (no top up for Kela school transport subsidy tickets or employee tickets)
- On the buses you can only pay with cash
- The minimum top-up of a value ticket is 10 €
The following R-kioskis sell single, day and season tickets and load value to Waltti travel card. R-kioskis do not sell Kela school transport subsidy and employee travel tickets.
R-kioski Kiviharjuntie 9, OYS Avohoitotalo
R-kioski Isokatu 27, Keskusta
R-kioski Ratakatu 11, Keskusta
R-kioski Hallituskatu 31, Keskusta
R-kioski Kirkkokatu 22, Rotuaari
R-kioski Merikoskenkatu 6, Tuira
R-kioski Metsokankaantie 3, Kaakkuri
R-kioski Revontie 1, Haukipudas
R-kioski Kylätie 1, Kello
R-kioski Kempeleentie 2, Kempele