Ask OuluBot about the City of Oulu's services. Open OuluBot and type in your question. You can find OuluBot on the bottom right of this website.
If OuluBot cannot answer your question, it will redirect your conversation to a customer service representative. You may also ask OuluBot to redirect a conversation to customer service.
Download OuluBot on Your Phone
OuluBot Downloading Website
Download OuluBot in the address: https://oulubot.fi
You will be able to download OuluBot also through the QR code above. Some phones can read a QR code directly on the phone's camera.
You can also use a separate application meant for reading QR codes or, for example, Google Lens. Google Lens will open by clicking the camera icon on Google search field.
Click the "Lataa OuluBot" Button
Installation on Android device:
Click ”Asenna” ("Install") when the phone asks whether to install OuluBot on the Applications display.
The device will tell you when the display image has been installed on the phone's application display. Click ”OK”.
Installation on iOS device:
Click the download icon at the bottom of the screen.
In the next display, click the option ”Lisää Koti-valikkoon” ("Add to Home Screen")
Finally, click ”Lisää” ("Add").
OuluBot can now be found on your app selection. When you open OuluBot, you will be sent directly to conversation view. You can begin the conversation by typing in your question.
OuluBot's Areas of Expertise
At the moment, OuluBot can provide you with answers on multiple topics:
- Oulu Regional Transportation and inquiries of lost travel cards
- Matters related to the City of Oulu's electronic booking service eVarauspalvelu e.g., mooring berths, firewood lots, allotments and farming boxes
- Local trials for employment and Businessasema services
- Wellbeing service county's general guidance, matters related to COVID, support for electronic service Oulun Omahoitopalvelu, services for the elderly, Aino guidance services
- Parking and parking control
- Guidance on matters related to fishing
- Sports and exercise
- Building Inspection
- Villa Victor's multilingual guidance services
- Oulu Waterworks
- ID card services
- Organizations and associations
Establishing OuluBot – the smart virtual assistant was conducted as an innovative public purchase. The partner for development was selected in March 2020, after which a development period began in the project (1.5.2020 - 31.12.2021). As partners for development are Digital Workforce Oy together with Front AI.
During the approximately year-long development period OuluBot developed into a smart virtual assistant which enables guiding and counselling customers 24/7. Oulubot was established in production use in 1.1.2022. Development work continues still. We will let you know about any new features and published topics as the work proceeds.