Free influenza vaccinations have started - coronavirus booster also available
The influenza vaccination is available free of charge for those for whom influenza poses a significant threat, or whose health could significantly benefit from an influenza vaccination.
The free influenza vaccination is available to all who are susceptible to a severe case of influenza - i.e.:
- those over the age of 65
- children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years
- those who are pregnant
- those who are in an at-risk group because of a disease or treatment.
In addition, influenza vaccinations are also given free of charge to:
- men starting their military service and women starting their voluntary military service
- persons who live or are spending extensive periods in institutional conditions
- employees of social and health care services and employees working with the pharmaceutical service who are in close contact with patients or customers
- persons who are repeatedly in close contact with a person who is especially susceptible to severe influenza, or with those who are susceptible to severe influenza who cannot be protected by the vaccine.
Book a vaccination appointment on the phone, tel. 08 558 41415 Mondays to Thursdays between 8:00 and 16:00, Fridays between 8:00 and 15:00.
If you can´t communicate in Finnish, English or Swedish, you can have language assistance from the multilingual counselling of the City of Oulu.
Coronavirus vaccine can also be taken along with the influenza vaccine
This autumn a coronavirus booster is recommended for all those aged 65 and over, those over the age of 18 who are part of an at-risk group, and all those over the age of 12 who are seriously immunocompromised. Boosters are recommended regardless of how many coronavirus vaccinations a person has had, or how many times a person has been infected by coronavirus.