Alakööki - Developement Unit for Sustainable Development and Cultural Education in Early Education
- plan and carry out eventful activities for the daycare unit
- develop and promote sustainable development education and cultural education
- organise activities and visits in cooperation with various cultural institutions and other operators in the City
- operate as the local Green Flag promoter of the Finnish Environmental Education Society
- develop physical education activities at daycare (so-called Mobile Early Education Project)
The corner stone of Alakööki is built on
- early education and preschool plans for the City daycare
- City environmental programme
Alakööki expands the learning environment horizons for daycare units.
Alakööki organises activities for instance in the following locations:
- Hupisaaret City Park
- Timosenkoski Nature School camping site
- The Northern Ostrobothnia Museum
- Oulu Museum of Art
- Oulu City Theatre
- Oulu City Library
- daycare centres
- woods and parks close to daycare centres
- family cafes organised by Mannerheim League for Child Welfare
Visiting: Hupisaaret City Park
Mailing address: Oulu10 -palvelut/Alakööki, PL 17, 90015 Oulun kaupunki
Developer Teacher for a Sustainable Future
tel. 040 480 9278
Cultural Education Development Teacher
tel. 040 575 5353
Educating for a sustainable future
This is a machine translation.
The aim of Alakööki is to strengthen children's and staff's relationship with nature and to increase awareness of the circular economy and climate expertise so that education for a sustainable future is part of the operating culture of a daycare centre or family daycare centre.
The City of Oulu's Sustainable Future Opinvirta guides sustainability education in early childhood education.
The study stream for a sustainable future is part of the City of Oulu's Early Childhood Education Plan and the curricula of pre-primary education, basic education and upper secondary education.
- Develop the pedagogical activities of early childhood education in Oulu for a sustainable future in accordance with the Sustainable Future Doctrine Stream.
- Produces material that promotes a sustainable lifestyle and informs about Alaköökki's development areas.
- Develop and promote education for a sustainable future through networking locally, nationally and internationally.
- Induct, guide and train those responsible for a sustainable future in daycare centres.
- Acts as a Green Flag promoter by supporting Green Flag activities in early childhood education.
- Belongs to the LYKE network of the Association of Finnish Nature and Environmental Schools and is one of its development centres.
This is a machine translation.
The aim of Alakööki is to strengthen children's cultural education and to strengthen and develop the pedagogical competence of staff in arts and cultural heritage education.
The City of Oulu's Culture Guide for Early Childhood Education guides cultural education in early childhood education as part of the early childhood education and preschool curricula of the City of Oulu.
- Develop the pedagogical activities of cultural education in early childhood education in Oulu.
- Produce material that promotes art and cultural heritage education and provide information related to Alakööki's development fields.
- Develop and promote cultural education through networking locally, nationally and internationally.
- Organises and coordinates the cultural sponsor activities of the cultural institutions and early childhood education of the City of Oulu.
- Induct, guide and train the cultural officers of daycare centres.