Education and Culture Services, City of Oulu offers EDUpacks as technical visits for daycare, school staff and education administrators. The provision contains packs at schools and at daycare centres.
EDUpacks, ie. offerings from schools and daycare centres are themed. The offerings are planned for visits taking 1 to 7 hours.
EDUpacks consist of
• a description of the duration and contents of a visit to a school or day care unit
• a description of the type of the visit based on the level of active involvement (eg. lecture, hands-on)
• relevant links (to websites, materials)
• a price list (the school or day care unit costs and a handling fee, costs for refreshments)
The content of a visit is usually as follows:
Early childhood education and care (children aged 0-6): Presentation of the Finnish day care system, including preschool (children aged 6), insight in special features of children´s activities and a possibility to visit day care groups in action.
Basic education for age group 7 to 16 and upper secondary education for age group 16-19:
• Presentation of the Finnish education system • Information about the particular school
• A round tour in the school facilities.
• The guests may in some cases also attend lessons to observe and/or take part in the lesson activities.
Please note that some schools and day care units and other functions that support the growth of a child are placed in community centres in one building.
A list of all EDUPacks at schools and day care units with a price list (pdf)
The visits are organised during regular working days and hours. Special occasions and holidays affect the availability of visiting times.
You are warmly welcome to visit us!
Ms Eija Ruohomäki