The City of Oulu Management Team made decisions on the measures for the spreading phase of the coronavirus epidemic in Oulu
Update: the following measures are valid until 18 January 2021.
See all recommendations and restrictions from 1 December 2020 to 18 January 2021.
At its meeting on Saturday, 28 November 2020, the regional coordination group stated that Northern Ostrobothnia is at the spreading phase of the coronavirus epidemic.
At its meeting on Sunday, 29 November 2020, the City of Oulu Management Team made decisions on the measures taken at the spreading phase of the coronavirus epidemic in Oulu.
Decision of the Management Team of the City of Oulu 29 November 2020:
New decisions concerning the operations and premises of the City of Oulu.
Individualized decisions under the Communicable Diseases Act are made by the Welfare Board.
1. Due to the high infection risk, the public premises managed by the City of Oulu will be closed from 1 December 2020 to 18 December 2020 and it is strongly recommended that private operators follow the same course of action.
- Gyms and facilities used for group exercise, contact sports, team sports and other similar physical activities or sports
- Swimming pools and public saunas and the changing rooms closely attached to them. It is also recommended that the spas are closed.
- Limited services available at the libraries, BusinessAsema and the service points of the city
- Museums and other cultural establishments
- Indoor playgrounds and indoor playing premises
- Public spaces in the shopping centres
- Training and competition opportunities for competitive sports and professional sports will be secured. It is recommended that matches and sports events are held without an audience. Decisions in these cases are made by the regional state administrative agency.
2. Group leisure activities for adults will be cancelled from 1 December 2020 to 18 December 2020. Associations and sports clubs are required to do the same.
3. Group hobbies and activities for children and young people will be cancelled both indoors and outdoors from 1 December 2020 to 18 December 2020. Associations and sports clubs are required to do the same.
4. Protecting the high-risk groups: In addition to the current recommendations, a decision to ban all visits to the city hospital is made from 1.12.2020 to 18.12.2020, consideration on a case-by-case basis will be possible (e.g. palliative care). Visits to housing services and care units of both the city and private actors should be avoided to the widest extent possible from 1 December 2020 to 18 December 2020.
5. High schools will move to distance learning on an accelerated schedule from 2 December 2020 to 18 December 2020. It is strongly recommended that other secondary education establishments follow the same course of action. Traineeships for students at city offices and locations will be suspended.
6. The City Management Team states that if the situation so requires, the city is prepared to transfer part of the basic education to distance learning on a fast schedule.