Joint Application in 2017
Applications to upper secondary (including IB lukio) or vocational studies (ammattiopisto). Application is done online at https://opintopolku.fi.
The application period is 21.2.-14.3.2017
The online application form should be submitted by 15:00 on the deadline day. Late applications will not be handled. Possible entrance, aptitude and language tests will be organised in April. The upper secondary schools (including IB) and vocational schools announce the results of the joint application on 15.6.17 at the earliest.
Students who have been admitted must accept the offered study place by 29.6.17. If the student does not notify the school, then the place will be offered to someone else.
The entrance points are calculated differently, depending on whether the student applies to upper secondary or vocational education.
Selection of students for upper secondary school is based on the following:
· grade point average for the theoretical subjects (reaaliaineet) in the basic education certificate (regular Finnish upper sec. schools);
· possible points from entrance and aptitude tests or possible points for hobbies and other relevant activities (IB and specialised upper sec. schools).
Selection of students for vocational training is based on the following (more detailed info at https://opintopolku.fi.)
· 8 pts: no study place in upper secondary or vocational education
· 6 pts: basic education completed on the year of application
· 2 pts: first option
· 2 pts: minority gender (if less than 30% of applicants are of same gender)
· 1-16 pts: general school achievements (grade point average)
· 1-8 pts: report card grades in certain subjects (depending on where student applies to)
· 1-3 pts: work experience
· 1-10 pts: entrance or aptitude test
· 1-3 pts: other merits
· 1-3 pts: sports merits
Please contact the Student Counsellor for further info about Joint Application.