Applying to Oulu International School
Welcome to apply to Oulu International School!
Please follow these simple guidelines:
1. On Wednesday 20.1.2021 at 18, you and your parents are welcome to the info evening to learn about our school and the IB programmes.
2. Fill out the application form in https://ouka.inschool.fi/browsecourses by 1.2.2021.
3. Come to the entrance test on Thursday 18.2.2021 (applicants to gr 1) at 13:00 or Friday 19.2.2021 (applicants to gr 2-9) at 9:00.
You will not be sent a separate invitation to the entrance test. You do not need to practice for the entrance test. Wait in front of the main door for guidance. The entrance test will take about 1-2 hours. Make sure you eat a good breakfast/lunch before the test. You can bring a small snack with you if you like.
The language proficiency test includes:
G1:interview & activities to help see the level of pre-reading skills.
G2: interview & simple reading and spelling tasks.
G3 and 4: interview & reading & writing tasks.
G5-9: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, writing skills & speaking skills.
Finnish skills will also be tested or evaluated in all grade levels.
As of spring 2021, Finnish children living in Finland need to pass the Finnish test in order to be accepted to OIS. Students are accepted according to the ranking order based on English test results depending on the availability of vacancies in the class.
4. By 23.3.2021 you will receive information as to whether you passed the entrance test.
5. Entrance tests are held twice a year only, in February (18.-19.2.2021) and in August (6.8.2021 starting at 12 o'clock), with no exceptions. If you have registered for the language test in August and you are not able to come, please inform the school in advance. If you do not inform the school, and have no health reasons or other (justified) reasons, your next language test opportunity is in February.
Read more about education in Oulu in Oulussa koulussa guide.
If applying to grade 1, fill out the form for afternoon care, if needed.