Applying to Oulu International School
Welcome to apply to Oulu International School!
Please follow these simple guidelines:
1. On Wednesday 24.1.2018 at 18, you and your parents are welcome to the info evening to learn about our school and the IB programmes.
3. Come to the entrance test on Friday 16.2.2018 at 13:00.
You will not be sent a separate invitation to the entrance test. You do not need to practice for the entrance test. Wait in the downstairs lobby for guidance. The entrance test will take about 2 hours. Make sure you eat a good lunch before the test. You can bring a small snack with you if you like. While you are doing the test, your guardians are asked to fill in a questionnaire about your application to OIS.
The entrance test includes:
G1:interview & activities to help see the level of pre-reading skills.
G2: interview & simple reading and spelling tasks.
G3 and 4: interview & reading & writing tasks.
G5-9: Reading, writing, listening & speaking tasks.
Finnish skills will also be tested or evaluated in all grade levels.
4. By 16.3.2018 you will receive a letter as to whether you passed the entrance test.
5. The welcome day for new OIS students is on Tuesday 8.5.2018 at 9:00-12:00.
6. Entrance tests are held twice a year only, in February and in August, with no exceptions.