Kastelli Library is located in the Kontinkangas district, in the main lobby of the Kastelli Community Centre. The entrance closest to the library is on the Sairaalanrinne side of the building.
You can log in during self-service hours with a library card and PIN code.
The route to the main entrance
- The 4 accessible parking spaces are located outdoors over 10 m from the entrance. The width of the parking spaces is at least 3.6 m.
- The route to the entrance is guided, smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
The main entrance
- The entrance is located in a recess and is illuminated.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens automatically with a button.
- The entrance has thresholds over 2 cm high.
In the facility
- The customer service point is on the same floor as the entrance.
- The doors in the customer service point are hard to perceive.
- The waiting room of the customer service point has no queue number system. The customers wait standing up.
- The customer service point has an accessible toilet on the same floor.
Information on the building:
Architect: Architect's office Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Oy
Interior design: Petri Saarelainen and Mirja Sillanpää
Library spaces 289,9 m²
Work spaces 22,0 m²
Silent work spaces 68,7 m²
Altogether 380,6 m²
Kastelli community centre was established 7.8.2014. In the building, the district's public library and school library operate together as a combination library. The building also functions as a space for basic education, upper secondary education, early childhood education and care, sport and exercise services and youth services.