Kaukovainio Library is located in the Kaukovainio district in the Hiirihaukkatalo building.
You can log in during self-service hours with a library card and PIN code.
The route to the main entrance
- The 3 accessible parking spaces are located outdoors over 10 m from the entrance. The width of the parking spaces is at least 3.6 m.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
- The passage has 2 consecutive steps with handrails on one side.
- The route has a ramp under 6 m long, with handrails on one side.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated. There is a canopy above the entrance.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens automatically with a button.
In the facility
- The customer service point is on the same floor as the entrance.
- The doors in the customer service point stand out clearly. The glass doors have contrast markings.
- The customer service point has a toilet marked as accessible on the same floor. The toilet door cannot be easily opened and closed.
Information on the building
Construction year: 2012
Design: Architect's office HML Oy, Jukka Lahtinen
Surface area: 424 square meters