The City of Oulu's services comprise:
- Educational and Cultural Services
- Urban and Environmental Services
The Department of Central Administration is responsible for the preparation and expert tasks related to development and decision-making. The Department of Central Administration is headed by mayor Seppo Määttä.Educational and Cultural Services
The Department of Educational and Cultural Services is in charge of early education, basic education and upper secondary education as well as services related to youth, culture, sports and leisure activities.
Educational and Cultural Services comprise:
- early childhood education services
- basic education and youth services
- upper secondary education and other educational services
- cultural services
- sports and leisure activity services
The Department of Educational and Cultural Services is headed by Mika Penttilä.
Urban Environmental Services
The Department of Urban Environmental Services is responsible for strategic land use planning and services related to urban planning (general planning)
- city planning and technical services
- building guidance, permits, supervision and coercive measures (building inspection)
- regional environmental services (Oulu Regional Environmental Office)
The Department of Urban Environmental Services is headed by Marko Kilpeläinen.
The field of urban and environmental services includes
- Urban and environmental services
- Environmental Office of the Oulu Region
- Building supervision
Also available in other formats